When it is about a mattress, we commonly gravitate to foam. It is mainly because almost 50% of the beds worldwide are made of foam. However, in this guide of Paramount Mattress, we will let you learn more about the types, advantages, and perks of foam in a mattress.
We will unleash some of the histories as well. So, get ready to have a look at the information given below:
What is foam?
As per science, foam comes up with a different meaning based on the matter state you are talking about. It can be either solid or liquid or even created by trapping small air bubbles in an object. However, if it is about the foam in your mattress, it is entirely a solid object with a trap of tiny air pockets in it.
You can consider it as a sponge, but it comes up with more comfort.
A historical overview of foam:
And to keep the school going theme, let’s touch overview of the historical background of foam:
- Foams made its debut in the world of bedding in the 1990s, and since then, it has taken the sleep world with a comfortable storm.
- Over time, it has let science take over the industry. Due to which foams with pressure-relieving and advanced support came into existence based on your sleeping pattern.
- Since the technology is relatively young, it’s difficult not to dream about what the foam’s world will look like in the future.
Key uses of foam:
The function of foams is broken down into 3 points for better understanding:
- The comfort layer is the mattress’ top layer, meant to contour and adapt to your body.
- The core support layer is where your mattress would collapse and sag into foam’s deflated pile. Commonly, it is a compacted foam’s thicker layer that is your bed’s back-bone.
- The foam’s edge support layer is necessary for your support. It is another foam layer, customarily compacted foam, that will keep your bed’s wall in place.
Common types of foam:
Here are the three most essential foams types you must know:
- Polyurethane foam
It is an unsung hero of foams. It is one of the most common foam types that is used as core support in foam beds. It is a highly compacted foam type that offers required support night in night out.
- Gel-infused foam
It is probably the techiest of the foams. Generally, it is a type of above-mentioned foams but infused with the gel to keep you cool when sleeping. With these foams, you can experience a cooler yet breathable sleep.
- Memory foam
It is a commonly known foam that is also called viscoelastic foam. It is similar to polyurethane foam but in highly compressed foam.
The main difference is in engineering. Rather than compressing under pressure, it is meant to lift and soften up the applied pressure. Consequently, the mattress will hug you right back when you sleep and is going to make your sleeping experience unforgettable.
Reasons foam is right for you:
We aren’t here to prefer one mattress type to another, but foam has something that can make us want to nap. The significant difference is in the adaptation of your weight without even a single hint of tension. It is not the only thing to provide body-conforming snooze and pressure-relieving feel; things given below are also important in this:
- Enhanced pressure relief
Foam is meant to offer boosted pressure relief by preventing you from pushing back against your body. Consequently, it will eradicate the pressure point numbers and help alleviate the associated pain.
- Motion isolation and absorption
Various foams, particularly memory foam, can isolate and absorb motion instead of sending that to your partner. It will eliminate disturbance while you sleep.
- Advanced support
Foam can offer advanced support to the sleeper by contouring him to the body curves. It will keep the sleeper’s spine in a natural position.
So, after learning everything about the foam, it is time to get comfy. Whether you are looking for your dream Paramount Mattress or want to know more about beds, we are always there to help.