Mattress Buying Guide for Couples
Shopping for a New Mattress with Your Partner
Buying a mattress with your significant other can be a fun experience if you have the same sleeping preferences and habits. Unfortunately, that’s not the case for many couples. Thankfully, Paramount Mattress has created a guide that will help make your mattress purchase a whole lot easier.
Things to Consider Before Going to the Mattress Store
- Think about your sleeping needs, especially if you don’t think you have any preferences.
- Sit down with your partner and create a list of what you need your mattress to have and things you want it to have but can live without. This list will help both of you determine the perfect mattress that suits both of your needs.
- Research. Spend time looking up latex foam mattresses, pillow tops, and other mattress types online. Compare and contrast between different types. This will help give you a better idea of what you’ll want to test out in the store. You can also contact any one of our mattress experts at Paramount Mattress. Our professionals can help you narrow down your options before you come into our store.
- Be upfront with your partner about your sleeping needs. Remember, it’s ok to have different wants and needs, but be sure to discuss them sooner rather than later.
Things to Consider While You’re Shopping
- Shop as a team. Looking at new mattresses alone defeats the purpose of deciding on one together. Even if you think you know exactly what bed you both want, go to the store together and try it out first. We encourage you and your partner to test every mattress you think you’re interested in. Our team at Paramount Mattress is committed to ensuring you find the perfect bed.
- Don’t be afraid to check out new options. What if you come in with your list that you’ve created with your partner and discover a new mattress you did not research or consider? Try it out anyways! Thanks to modern sleeping technology, there is a wide range of mattress types to consider. Many newer beds feature motion control, making them great options for partners who have nearly opposite sleeping needs.
- It’s about compromise, not sacrifice. It may be a good idea to take the list you create with your partner into the store with you. Neither of you should have to sacrifice sleep preferences. Our Paramount Mattress team believes your perfect mattress is out there, and we are prepared to help you find it.
- Accessorize to help compromise. Perhaps an adjustable bed will help you both achieve your needs. Maybe you’ve found your perfect mattress and want new bedding or pillows to match. No matter what the case, choosing accessories for your new mattress is a great way to start a new sleep chapter in your lives.
Things to Consider After Purchasing a Mattress
Just like anything new in your life, it takes time to adjust. Our Paramount Mattress team recommends that you and your partner give yourselves at least 30 days to fully adjust to your new mattress.
Long story short, take time to find the right mattress. Take time to research. Take time to talk to your partner and really understand each other’s sleeping needs before committing to a piece of furniture you will be spending a lot of time on. Your quality of sleep is just as important as that of your partner.
As a veteran-founded and family operated company with over 40 years of experience, we are dedicated to your quality of sleep.
More to explorer
In the day and mainstream right crime age, one knock in the night can easily ruin your good night sleep with ease.
Almost 50% of the beds worldwide are made of foam
Generally, there are two types of people. First are those who used to make their beds in the morning while the second ones are those who don’t.